Simba Run is committed to earning the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
HOW YOU MIGHT PROVIDE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- By making a reservation or by using Simba Run services.
- By registering with Simba Run’s loyalty program.
- By providing it to us in communications regarding service delivery such as comment cards and online reviews.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By visiting our website.
Below we outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
MAKING A RESERVATION
When making a reservation or using Simba Run services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your purchase and requests.This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card number and expiration date, and language preference. It may also include your preferences regarding the delivery of your service such as type of room, type of bed, etc. You might be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
Occasionally, we offer packages or other services that involve third parties. If you are partaking of such a package or service, your personal information will be shared with that third party to the extent necessary to provide that service and process the purchase or request.
Simba Run may use the information you provide to send you offers and information about Simba Run services and those of select third parties. In some instances your information may be given to these third parties to help them manage the distribution of service.
If you do not wish to receive such offers and information, you can unsubscribe or opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the unsubscribe link that all of our marketing communication of this type will include.
REGISTERING WITH SIMBA RUN’S LOYALTY PROGRAM.
As a customer of Simba Run you have the opportunity to belong to our loyalty program. This program designed to deliver a higher level of personalization and service, additional personal information will be required. Membership is voluntary.
INFORMATION PROVIDED TO US IN COMMUNICATIONS REGARDING SERVICE DELIVERY SUCH AS COMMENT CARDS AND ONLINE REVIEWS
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
PARTICIPATING IN A MARKETING INITIATIVE OR SPECIAL OFFER SUCH AS EMAIL NEWSLETTERS AND SPECIALS UPDATES
To sign up for this service, we require you to provide your email address, first name, last name, and postal code. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link provided on every email message and you will no longer receive email offers and promotions for the specified subscription. You may at any time in the future opt-in to receive email offers.
BY VISITING ONE OF OUR WEBSITES
We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our websites collected through Google Analytics, you may opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You may opt-out of Facebook Custom Audiences by visiting Facebook’s opt-out page.
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand your needs and preferences so that we can serve you better.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of Simba Run, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest – for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
- Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Simba Run to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by Simba Run to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Simba Run it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority.
Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Simba Run to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.