Family vacations can be so much fun when you have the right mix of activities for your kids, restaurants that are family friendly, and at the end of the day, a good place for everyone to rest and relax. At Simba Run’s two bedroom condominiums located smack in the middle of the Vail Valley, you’ll find all of these elements easily accessible and affordable. Look no further than our top 5 activities for kids of all ages to help you plan your summer vacation in Vail, Colorado:
1. Adventure Ridge – Located at the top of the Eagle Bahn Gondola in Lionshead, Adventure Ridge has fun activities for all ages. Participate in activities like hiking, biking, horseback riding, slacklining, disc golf and trampolines. Home to the high altitude family happy hour, Friday Afternoon Club (FAC), guests enjoy live music, lawn games and a great sunset view. Get more information, times, schedules and pricing.
2. Mini Golf – At the base of the Born Free Express Lift (#8) across from the Lionshead ticket office, Gore Creek Mini Golf is perfect for the whole family. The course provides putting fun for all ages on nine, par-three holes. Each hole features an interpretive animal theme that spotlights local Vail Valley animal species. Gore Creek Mini Golf is open daily from 10 am to 9 pm and is $10 per person.
3. Skateboarding – Drop in (literally) at the Vail Skatepark, located on the top level of the Lionshead parking structure. It’s free and open to skaters of all ages, summer through fall, dawn to dusk. Helmets are required. Knee pads and wrist guards are recommended. Private lessons and skateboard clinics are also available. Call 970-479-2292 or visit www.vailrec.com youth activities for more information.
4. Nature Center – A log cabin perched between an alpine meadow and the forested bank of Gore Creek houses the Vail Nature Center. This seven-acre facility, in the heart of Vail, is a tranquil gem whose knowledgeable staff hosts informative bird, wildflower and beaver pond hikes, as well as the Vail Hiking Club and has a wealth of things to do in Vail. Camp Eco Fun is heaven for children. Classes in the art and photography of nature or fly fishing are available. The Nature Center is open seven days per week Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
5. Gore Creek Water Sports – Whitewater Tube located inside Transition Sports in Avon, Colorado near Vail is the place to rent tubes or stand up paddle boards (SUPs) to float Gore Creek in Vail. You can reserve your tubes or SUPs online.
Simba Run Vail Condominiums is Vail’s Headquarters for Family Fun®. Two bedroom two condos rentals with great amenities and close to Vail Mountain and activities. Call today for the best rates for your Colorado vacation at 800-746-2278.